Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on Week One

1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?
       I don't believe that there is anything that would inhibit my ability to learn in this class besides my medical disabilities.

2. Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening? 

       It might seem a little ridiculous, but the best learning experience I ever had was when I watched Rise of the Guardians. My friends and I were at the movie theater to watch Les Mes, but all the tickets were sold out, and so, we chose to watch a children's movie.  Watching that movie made me realize that I wanted to be a Texture and Lighting Artist. I appreciated the complex and realistic details put into the animation and I am no longer able to watch a 3D animated film for just the plot.
 
3.What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?
       I am most excited and looking forward to the harsh criticism of my peers. It will provide me with incentive to write better. The ability to write more elegantly will help me in the future by being able to be taken seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment