Thursday, November 21, 2013

Allegory of the Cave Sonnet

(Poetry is not my area of expertise)

A confusing piece of work it was
To read more than once I must
Eyes do not equal truth
The meaning hidden beneath its words

Chained we are by own minds
Freedom gained only through thought
The suns rays burn us
But do not illuminate our worlds

The reflection of ourselves
 Is not what we should scearch for
But of our actions
And experiences of life

Only then may our minds surpass the space of the universe
No longer confined to what we see

4 comments:

  1. I liked your Shakespearean sonnet, Bianca! Good job! I really liked the words that you used to help create images in my head- hey, that's imagery, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sonnet reminded me of the was Yoda speaks. Which, is a theme in itself, so good job. You appealed to Star Wars fans. This does lack a rhyming scheme, but it does have meaning and depth. So maybe just hit up rhymezone and you're good to go!

    I like the little fish game, I spent a good few minutes feeding your fishies. :D

    My question is, was Henry the 5th a real person? If so what was he like?
    http://mhillrhsenglitcomp13.blogspot.com/2013/11/allegory-of-cave-sonnet.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say that poetry isn't your area of expertise but this is a very well done sonnet! I like your syntax. It is interesting and adds a unique aspect to your writing. Good job!
    Your blog is well done as well! I like how you listed your role models in the description. It helps viewers get to know you better! How will you utilize your blog for the literature circles? Check out my blog here !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you did pretty good for poetry not being in your ballpark (: I agree with Maddison on the whole Yoda thing, when I read the first two lines it alluded me back to Yoda speaking to Luke in the forrest. And I really like your about me section, digging your role models! What part of the final do you think you will have most trouble on?
    Catch me at http://mnillorhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com !!

    ReplyDelete