Thursday, September 26, 2013

Character Study (II)

      I banged on the door, pleading for my mother to let me back inside but I received no answer. There was movement in my room, I could heard it through the walls. Suddenly, without any warning my mother opened the door and threw a dufflebag at my face.
     "There. Have fun," she said before slamming the door once again.
      Opening the bag revealed extra clothing, some food, a little money, and a map with Lithuania circled in red. Could this be it? What I have been searching for? Or maybe it's just some sick joke played by my parents...
    Oh well. Might as well go anyways, seeing as I have nothing better to do.

      I walked all the way to the local Chevron, completely unexcited about having to do something resembling exercise. I figured that if I could just "borrow" someone's car then maybe I could drive to the airport and catch a plane to Lithuania. It was a solid plan.
      At the final gas pump a '67 Chevrolet Impala was parked; Black as the night sky and utterly badass. That car spoke to me.
      Using the knowledge I learned at the School of Ninja Arts, I made my way over to the driver's side door undetected. With the skills I acquired from the thuglife (it was a phase), I picked the lock and opened it. Just as my butt made contact with the seat, which was a glorious sensation, a voice called out.
     "What are you doing with my car?" I looked up to see an Asian girl holding a doughnut staring at me questionably.
      I sighed in annoyance. "I'm stealing your car so I can go to LAX."  And then I shut the door.
      She knocked on the window and began to talk. Couldn't she see that I needed to focus on hotwiring the car? Whatever, I opened the door. "What?"
      "You can't take my car," She told me.
      "Yeah, yeah. It's against the law, I know that," I replied in a mocking tone.
      "No, I don't care about that. This is my Supernatural car!" She gestured to the entire vehicle as if I should have prior knowledge of whatever that means.  "Listen, I'll take you to the LA. I'm already going down there. Just don't take the only connection I have to Dean and Sam."
      Who?
      I groaned. "Fine, whatever." Hotwiring took too long anyways. I slid over to the passenger's seat and threw my dufflebag in the back, the girl then took her spot at the driving wheel.
      "I'm Ashley by the way," She said as she started the engine.
      "I'm Bianca."
       Ashley paused for a moment, as if she was focusing intently on something. "Bianca, huh?" She murmured before saying, "Well, Bianca. I'm going to the Santa Barbara Zoo first before heading to the airport. Care to join?"
       The zoo? I've never been to a zoo. I needed to hide my excitement, I can't ruin my cool person image. "Whatever."
       "Great!" She turned on the radio and it blasted out a song by Escape The Fate.
       "Ashley, baby. You make me feel so alive! I found purpose once again. Yeah, yeah!"
        You have got to be kidding me... at least this won't last long if I have anything to say about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment