Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Declaration of Learning Independence

Throughout my entire life people have always told me that I would never reach the goals that I had set for myself; I intend to prove them wrong. My goals to graduate highschool, be accepted into University of Southern California, receive a master's degree in Game and Interactive Media and eventually become employed at my favorite video game company.   

My big question was influenced by my interests in video games. "Why are humans so arrogant to believe that they are the only beings in the universe to possess intelligence?" Animals and mythical creatures are often portrayed in games to hold some sort of wisdom that animals lack, and still the human characters see themselves as better than these "beasts" and sometimes enslave these races. What gives them the right? Where does this superior delusion come from? 

As far as collaborative working groups go, I must admit I am a bit skeptical. I have never been the type of person to work in groups, mostly because it was not something we did often in my elementary school. If an interesting idea captures my interest I would be absolutely willing to assist all I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment